One fateful day in February, the 17th to be exact, Scott Pruitt was confirmed by the Senate as the new head of the EPA. To many, Pruitt being named the nation’s top environmental official was both a shock and a devastation. Highly understandable! Let’s see how well you know the fourteenth (and most unqualified) Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency! Take the quiz below. WARNING: the answers may cause a sudden surge of anxiety regarding the future of our beautiful planet!
(answer at the bottom)
1. As the Attorney General of Oklahoma, how many lawsuits against the EPA did Scott Pruitt lead/take part in?
A) Zero. Why would anyone sue an agency that works to protect the environment?
B) One lawsuit.
C) Fourteen lawsuits (what a jerk!)
2. True or False? In his LinkedIn summary, Scott Pruitt describes himself as, “a leading advocate against the EPA’s activist agenda.”
A) False! It would be totally backwards to have “a leading advocate against the EPA’s activist agenda” as the head of the EPA!!
3. Scott Pruitt is known to have very close ties with multiple producers in what industry?
A) The Fossil Fuel Industry. Gross! Pollution! Corruption! Ick
B) The Automobile Industry. Vroom, beep
C) The Dairy Industry. Moo.
4. Which of the following is NOT a quote said by an employee of the EPA?
A) “It seems like Trump and Pruitt want a complete reversal of what the EPA has done. I don’t know if there’s any other agency that’s been so reviled.” – Nicole Cantell
B) “He’s great! Swell guy! Loves the environment!” – Bob Smith
C) “I pray they (Trump and Pruitt) don’t dismantle the EPA. It’s going to be like Humpty Dumpty — very difficult to put back together again.” – John O’Grady
5. True or False? Scott Pruitt agrees with the international scientific consensus that CO2 is a primary contributor to global warming.
A) True! Who would disagree with sound, widely agreed upon science?